Conference Home | Registration Guide – START HERE | Speakers & Moderators | Conference Schedule | Master Classes | ShopTalk | Agent One-on-Ones | First Pages Critique | FAQ | Sponsorship
REGISTRATION INFORMATION- START HERE!
Follow the Step-by-Step instructions below to begin. You can download and print a PDF version of the registration roadmap HERE, to keep track of your selections and make your registration process a breeze.
You’ll notice that there’s a lot going on during this exciting weekend that we’ve put together for our writing community! To help you make the most of your time with us, we invite you to look over this entire page of options. There are some things that you have to decide upon registration, and there are some things you can decide up until the day of the conference. We have a lot to offer you, and want to make sure you understand all of your options BEFORE you start the registration process.
Registration options include:
- Choice of a Two-Day Ticket or a One-Day Ticket (including a mix of plenary sessions, breakout sessions, networking opportunities, and more!)
- A Free Option to take advantage of a One-on-One session with an Agent
- Premium add-on options of up to 4 Pre-Conference Master Classes offered on Friday
- Premium add-on option of purchasing a ShopTalk pass that will grant you access to experts throughout the conference to get your specific questions answered in a more intimate setting. (2020 Schedule Pending)
- One-on-one, Master Classes, and ShopTalk options are exclusively available to conference registrants
STEP 1 – Choose One-Day or Two-Day Registration
Early-bird Registration through July 31 (Best Option!)
- $195 James River Writers members | $245 non-members – Available through July 31, 2020; Two-Day Ticket Option Only.
Regular Registration (After July 31, when Early Bird period ends)
TWO-DAY TICKET OPTIONS:
Take advantage of this economical option that grants you access to all of the offerings on both Saturday and Sunday! Premium Add-ons available at additional cost (Master Classes and ShopTalk Pass)
- Regular two-day ticket: $245 members | $295 for non-members – Available August 1 – October 8, or until we sell out
- Full-time student two-day ticket: $85. Student rate only applies to students who are full-time high school students or enrolled in an accredited college or university as full-time students at the time of the conference in October 2019. You will be required to provide proof of your status upon registration.
ONE-DAY TICKET OPTIONS
- Saturday Only Ticket: $140 Members | $160 Non-Members – Includes Keynote Speakers, Meg Medina and Linda Sue Park
- Sunday Only Ticket: $125 Members | $145 Non-Members
STEP 2 – Choose Your Free One-on-One with an Agent (optional)
ONE AGENT ONE-on-ONE (FREE)
- Included with your regular conference registration, at no additional cost
- Be prepared to select your first choice of agent and a back-up when you register.
- Find details and a complete list of agents HERE
STEP 3 – Choose Your Premium Optional Add-Ons, at an Additional Cost for Each
MASTER CLASSES – $45 Members | $65 Non-Members (each)
- Master Classes are available on Friday, October 9
- 7 different classes are offered, with a limit of 4 Master Class registrations per person
- We are offering two different tracks this year: Business Tools, and The Craft of Writing
- Details and Master Class descriptions can be found HERE. Be sure to decide on your preferred classes before you begin the registration process.
- Master Classes are exclusively available to conference registrants, so be sure you’ve selected your one- or two-day ticket option.
SHOPTALK PASS – $50
- Unlimited access to ShopTalk sessions throughout the conference
- Sessions are offered on both Saturday and Sunday
- While you do have to purchase your pass at the time of registration, you can choose which ShopTalk sessions you want to attend up to the day of the conference. Meaning, you don’t have to plan ahead and make choices in order to complete your registration. The 2020 ShopTalk schedule is under construction, but you can visit the ShopTalk page to get an idea of what last year’s conference offered. If you have burning questions about your writing journey, we’re sure to have someone on hand to help you get the answers you need!
- ShopTalk tickets are exclusively available to conference registrants, so be sure you’ve selected your one- or two-day ticket option.
STEP 4 – You’re ready to register – click below!
So, are you ready to register now? If you’ve made your decisions about any optional add-ons, how many/which days you want to attend, you’re ready to go! Now, it’s time to grab your credit card and click below to start your registration!
Still have questions? Please contact our Program Director, Brynn Markham, at [email protected]. We’re here to help!
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted in writing by mail or email by midnight on September 30, 2020, to [email protected]. A cancellation fee of 15% of your total will apply. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after September 30, 2020. Refunds will be credited to your credit card account (or mailed if fee was paid by check) within 30 days after the conference.