At the monthly Writing Show, authors and other literary professionals offer an insider’s look at the craft and business of writing. The Writing Show, which runs the last Wednesday of every month from January through September, affords writers a chance to network, learn, and expand their writing horizons. The first half of the program is a panel format, where writing experts share thoughts and advice on the evening’s topic. Following intermission, the audience has the opportunity to participate in a Q&A.
For 2020, we the Writing Show will continue in its home at Firehouse Theatre, which is located at 1609 West Broad Street. Free parking is available across the Street from Firehouse in the Lowe’s parking lot. The Writing Show runs from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Doors open at 6:00 for Meet & Greet; program starts at 6:45)
The programming for 2020 was designed with your comments and suggestions in mind and is adapting to meet your writing craft and business needs.
The 2020 Season
- January 29 – Finding the End in 2020
- February 26 – Marketing Beyond Social Media
- March 25 – Making a Scene (Cancelled due to COVID-19 health concerns!)
- April 29 – Your Perspective Matters
- May 27 – The Long Haul with Meg Medina
- June 24 – Starting Strong
- July 29 – Maintaining Momentum
- August 26 – Sticking the Landing
- September 30 – Ask Us Anything . . . About Writing (featuring the JRW staff, free show)
*Topics above are subject to change.
Individual show tickets are $12/members and $15/non-members. Two free passes to the Writing Show are included with an Individual Membership. You can also purchase a Season Pass to receive eight shows for $80 (the ninth show is free for everyone).
Last Wednesday of every month from January through September
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Meet & Greet at 6:00; program starts at 6:45)
Firehouse Theatre 1609 West Broad Street
$12 – Members; $15 Non-members ($5 for students)