At the monthly Writing Show, authors and other literary professionals offer an insider’s look at the craft and business of writing. The Writing Show, which runs the last Wednesday of every month from January through September, affords writers a chance to network, learn, and expand their writing horizons. The first half of the program is a panel format, where writing experts share thoughts and advice on the evening’s topic. Following intermission, the audience has the opportunity to participate in a Q&A.
For 2018, we the Writing Show will continue in its home at Firehouse Theatre, which is located at 1609 West Broad Street. Free parking is available across the Street from Firehouse in the Lowe’s parking lot. The Writing Show runs from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Doors open at 6:00 for Meet & Greet; program starts at 6:45)
The programming for 2018 was designed with your comments and suggestions in mind and is adapting to meet your writing craft and business needs.
The 2018 Season
(Schedule subject to change due to speaker availability)
- January 30 – Balancing Writing and Life: Inspiration and Practical Strategies
- February 27 – How to Permanently Banish Writer’s Block
- March 20 – Writing a Killer Synopsis (Note the date change! This is the THIRD Wednesday, this month only.)
- April 24 – How to Sell the Heck Out of Your Book
- May 29 – Making Freelance Writing Financially Rewarding
- June 26 – Building Relationships with Bookstore Owners and Librarians
- July 31 – Defining and Finding Your Audience
- August 28 – I Finished My Book (Poem, Screenplay)—Now What? (Path to Publication Part I)
- September 25 – People Skills for Writers (Path to Publication Part II)
Individual show tickets are $12/members and $15/non-members. Two free passes to the Writing Show are included with an Individual Membership. You can also purchase a Season Pass to receive all nine shows for $85, a 20% savings.
Last Wednesday of every month from January through September
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Meet & Greet at 6:00; program starts at 6:45)
Firehouse Theatre 1609 West Broad Street
$12 – Members; $15 Non-members ($5 for students)