At the monthly Writing Show, authors and other literary professionals offer an insider’s look at the craft and business of writing. The Writing Show, which runs the last Wednesday of every month from January through September, affords writers a chance to network, learn, and expand their writing horizons. The first half of the program is a panel format, where writing experts share thoughts and advice on the evening’s topic. Following intermission, the audience has the opportunity to participate in a Q&A.
For 2018, we the Writing Show will continue in its home at Firehouse Theatre, which is located at 1609 West Broad Street. Free parking is available across the Street from Firehouse in the Lowe’s parking lot.
The programming for 2018 was designed with your comments and suggestions in mind and is adapting to meet your writing craft and business needs.
The 2018 Season
(Schedule subject to change due to speaker availability)
- January 31 – A 2018 Creative Plan: Scheduling, Motivating, & Organizing Your Writing Life
- February 28 – Time Travel: Managing time inside sci-fi, fantasy, non-fiction, or historical fiction
- March 28 – Breaking into Anthologies
- April 25 – Building a Publishing Resume: How Authors Can Secure Fellowships, Awards, & Prizes
- May 30 – What I Wish I Knew Before My First Book
- June 27 – Sensitivity Readers: The Benefits of Having One or Being One
- July 25 – The Power of Word Choice: An Editorial Critique & Member Reading Opportunity
- August 29 – Tip Sheets: Why You Need to Build Your Own Sales & Marketing Plan
- September 26 – Hybrid Authorship: Traditional Publishing, Indie Publishing, and How They Can Work Together
Individual show tickets are $12/members and $15/non-members. Two free passes to the Writing Show are included with an Individual Membership. You can also purchase a Season Pass to receive all nine shows for $85, a 20% savings.
Last Wednesday of every month from January through September
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Meet & Greet at 6:00; program starts at 6:45)
Firehouse Theatre 1609 West Broad Street
$12 – Members; $15 Non-members ($5 for students)