Supporting James River Writers has never looked so good. With our new shirt campaign through Bonfire, you can help JRW while reminding the world that writing is hard work.
Ending on December 16, the sale includes a variety of styles and colors to fit every ensemble.
Declare your wordy allegiance and encourage eloquence with a new hoodie or tank top today!
James River Writers is excited to be back at Firehouse Theatre for the 2019 season of The Writing Show. Held the last Wednesday of most months, January through September, (see the March exception below), The Writing Show offers a panel of experts focused on topics geared to help writers with both their craft and navigating the fast-changing business of writing. There are plenty of opportunities for socializing and networking with other central Virginia writers, too. Our fabulous co-chairs this year are Melissa Scott Sinclair and Amanda Sue Creasey.
Buy a Writing Show Season Pass today for you and give one as a holiday present to a writer in your life. With a seson pass you can attend all nine shows for $85 (compared to $108 for members and $135 for non-members). Or bundle a season pass with a JRW annual membership, and save even more!
2019 Writing Show Season (*Topics are subject to change):
- January 30 – Balancing Writing and Life: Inspiration and Practical Strategies
- February 27 – How to Permanently Banish Writer’s Block
- March 20 – Writing a Killer Synopsis (Note the date change! This is the THIRD Wednesday, this month only.)
- April 24 – How to Sell the Heck Out of Your Book
- May 29 – Making Freelance Writing Financially Rewarding
- June 26 – Building Relationships with Bookstore Owners and Librarians
- July 31 – Defining and Finding Your Audience
- August 28 – I Finished My Book (Poem, Screenplay)—Now What? (Path to Publication Part I)
- September 25 – People Skills for Writers (Path to Publication Part II)
More information about The Writing Show, including times and location.