James River Writers often receives requests for help with writing and editing, so we have compiled this list of freelance editors available for hire. If you are a JRW member who offers editing services and you would like to be added to this list, please contact us today.
This list is for informational purposes only and does not imply the endorsement of JRW. Please read the editors’ websites and email them directly with questions about their fee structures.
Editors in Central Virginia:
- Doug Blue – nonfiction (particularly historical and memoir)
- Patricia Concodora, Bon Mots and Prose Publishing – nonfiction, memoir, fiction
- Constance Costas – memoir, nonfiction (book-length projects and essays, personal/college)
- Robin Farmer – screenplays and nonfiction (articles, newsletters, web content)
- Fox Chase Books, L.L.C – editing, proofreading, and transcription (particularly romance, historical fiction, and fantasy)
- Matthew Hamilton – poetry, fiction, nonfiction, essays, research papers, and screenplays
- Douglas Jones – fiction (all genres)
- Erica Orloff, Editing for Authors – books of any genre
- Sheila Shedd, Swift Creative – editing, proofreading, writing (particularly grants and ghost writing)
- Kris Spisak, K. S. Writing – fiction of any length
- George Tisdale – college/graduate school application essays, marketing/advertising materials, websites, white papers, annual reports, newsletters, technical writing
- A.B. Westrick – fiction (especially novels for young readers, no picture books)