With a staff of just three part-time employees, a majority of JRW’s operation is executed by volunteers, including those who serve on our board of directors, advisory board, and youth advisory board. Programs such as The Writing Show and the James River Writers Conference are chaired by volunteer board members who are assisted by committees made up of JRW members.
Below are areas where we often need assistance:
- Communications – people with PR and social media experience
- Videographers and Photographers to cover events and capture material for our website
- Technology – people to develop/manage Instagram and YouTube channels and other tech tasks
- Programming – people to staff the conference and support other JRW programming, including Writers Wednesday, The Writing Show, and Writers Farmhouse
- Writers – people willing to write recaps of JRW events for the website
- Board members – people interested in serving on the JRW Board of Directors
To apply to speak or teach, please see our application to speak/teach.
There are many other ways you can volunteer for JRW. Fill out the form below to receive more information about volunteer opportunities or if you have time and talents that you’d like to contribute.